Friday, July 29, 2016

Vlogging

Vlogging = video blogging
This last year I got into watching YouTube vloggers. My favorite ones are Ben Brown, Casey Neistat, and Louis Cole. They are all daily vloggers, and do a lot of traveling. I realized that recording an adventure can better explain the experience more than just a photograph. So, for the last Europe trip that I went on (May-June 2016), I vlogged a big portion of it. That way I can look back and just watch a video instead of browsing through thousands of pictures. Back in January, I went to Tacoma, Washington to visit my friend Liliya (who is one of the people I went on the Euro trip with), and I decided to try out vlogging. What it's like to have a camera in your face, what kind of shots to get, and more importantly the editing process to see if I'd actually be able to manage all of the footage I'd be getting.  It turned out to be one of the most fun days because when you are recording your day you are more inclined to be adventurous and see cooler things. Also, editing the video was a lot of fun. Here's the result:


Stay tuned for vlogs from a weekend in San Francisco, New York City, and a whole heap of places in Europe. I gotta get to editing! Check out my YouTube channel & subscribe: Gloria Zaytsev

No comments: